REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. -- RedSeal Systems Inc., the leader in innovative security risk management (SRM) solutions, today announced the general availability of version 2.0 of its flagship product, RedSeal Security Risk Manager (SRM). RedSeal SRM v2.0 provides IT network and security professionals with instant visibility into the threats that leave an open door to valuable company resources. RedSeal SRM v2.0 offers advanced visibility into security exposures, support for additional third party network devices, a substantial boost in performance, and availability as a pure software purchase. RedSeal also extends the RedSeal Threat Reference Library to more than 24,000 known security vulnerabilities, and is the largest resource of its kind in the industry.
Security vulnerabilities will continue to plague enterprises, so a strategy that provides immediate visibility into the security threats of a particular network is a requirement, said Jon Oltsik, senior analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group. By adding intelligence, RedSeal can help improve threat detection and overall security operations."
RedSeal SRM v2.0 automates the process of threat and risk management, providing network mapping, router and firewall auditing, threat identification and prioritization, and comprehensive risk and compliance reporting. By converging networking topology and access policies with security and vulnerability data, RedSeal SRM identifies exposures and prioritizes which should be fixed first based on the business value of the resources affected.
New in RedSeal SRM v2.0
- Presumed vulnerabilities Leveraging the extensive RedSeal Threat Reference Library, RedSeal SRM can now match up new known threats with network devices to predict exposure levels in between vulnerability scans - enabling a more accurate view of the security risk posture.
- Reports New reporting infrastructure allows companies to immediately view their most important threats and enables security administrators to quickly assemble a day to day security action plan.
- Increased Performance: Delivers a 200% increase in speed of threat analysis.
- Views & Folders Allows users to organize and categorize devices and hosts into separate views for fast and easy reports. Also allows users to organize critical assets into compliance groups (such as PCI and SOX servers).
- Home page provides a centralized console which gives users a quick reference on the current status of the security risk posture.
Our customers continue to express relief that there is now a way to simplify the overwhelming task of risk identification and prioritization, said Karim Toubba, vice president of marketing for RedSeal Systems. RedSeal SRM v2.0 is a leap forward in giving enterprises an ongoing ability to instantly see exposures and then to immediately turn around and shut those exposures down.
RedSeal Systems Inc.