MILPITAS, Calif. -- Marking the two-year milestone of the first shipment of its LANShield product family, Secure Switching leader ConSentry Networks today announced its 150th global customer. ConSentry closed out its third-quarter financials, reporting consistent sales growth of 25 percent quarter-over-quarter, a rate that applied for the first two quarters and which the company expects to maintain next quarter as well. In addition, ConSentry announced $21 million in new financing from lead investor Teachers Private Capital and new investors Translink Capital and NCD Investors. Existing venture backers Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, INVESCO Private Capital, and DAG Ventures also participated in the round. ConSentry has raised $72 million in total funding to date. Finally, ConSentry announced that Basil Alwan has joined its Board of Directors as an independent member.
The strength of the ConSentry LANShield platform lies at the heart of the companys many successes. Unlike appliances with limited pre-admission controls or promised integrated framework alternatives that will require significant network upgrades and investment when they are ultimately available, the ConSentry LANShield solution provides comprehensive pre- and post-admission Network Access Control in a single, self-contained, cost-effective platform today. Wiring closet refresh remains a top sales driver for ConSentry, as enterprises update their LAN infrastructures to support role-based access control at the edge for increased corporate security, visibility, and compliance.
Key ConSentry Q2-Q3 customer sales facts:
- LANShield Switch platforms represent more than half of ConSentrys 2007 shipments to date
- Eighty-five percent of ConSentry customers have Cisco switches. ConSentry wins against the incumbent infrastructure vendor when customers want more control over users than simply authenticating them to the network and scanning their machines.
- 40 percent of orders in the last two quarters represent repeat orders from existing customers expanding NAC deployments.
- Top vertical markets for the company remain financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, and education; guest access remains the initial application.
- Multiple customers have standardized on ConSentry to provide pervasive LAN security across their enterprises and have consequently purchased substantial, repeated orders of LANShield Controllers and LANShield Switches.
Customers ConSentry has announced in the last two quarters include Alliance Imaging, the nations leading provider of diagnostic medical imaging services; Mercy Medical Center of Baltimore; global steelmaker POSCO; Dallas-based North Town Bank; NSSL Satcom-Solutions, a U.K.-based satellite solutions provider; and CCR Group, a subsidiary of Commerzbank with close to $25 billion in assets under management. In addition, ConSentry OEM partner Alcatel-Lucent recently announced Mineola Free Union School District as a customer. Alcatel-Lucent markets the ConSentry solution under the OmniAccess SafeGuard brand across its global enterprise market.
ConSentry Networks Inc.