PALO ALTO, Calif. Aug 25 (BUSINESS WIRE) HP today unveiled a Private Cloud Readiness Program consisting of self-assessment tools and a Cloud Boot Camp to be held during the VMworld conference next week at San Francisco's Moscone Center. The company also announced a team of experts who, as pioneers in cloud computing, are driving future innovations and assisting clients with advanced cloud deployments.
HP has designed a private cloud scorecard that enables companies to rate and rank key factors that help determine their "cloud readiness." Questions range from rating internal knowledge of cloud concepts and services to existing cloud security capabilities. View the scorecard here.
HP also is offering a Cloud Boot Camp for clients during VMworld to be held on Sept. 2 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT at the Westin Hotel ("Press Room"). Developed and conducted by technology experts, the boot camp will provide participants the knowledge needed to transform their infrastructures, applications and processes for the private cloud. VMworld attendees can register at the HP Cloud Assessment room from noon to 6 p.m. PT on Aug. 31 and Sept. 1.
There is also a Cloud Boot Camp and breakfast specifically for analysts and media. With combined experience of nearly 200 years, the HP Cloud Advisors consist of the best technical and strategic minds in cloud computing. They offer a unique combination of vision and real-world experience, as well as a distinct point of view. Each was hand-picked based on the innovations they influenced, their knowledge and their expertise. The HP Cloud Advisors are:
* Nigel Cook is an HP technology director and strategist. He is an integral part of the leadership team spearheading the DMTF Cloud Management Working Group. He was previously part of the DMTF Cloud Incubator, formulating technology submissions, requirements and use cases for interoperability between an enterprise data center and Infrastructure-as-a-Service clouds.
* A noted cloud computing expert, Jamie Erbes is chief technology officer for the Software and Solutions business at HP. She is responsible for driving the company's strategy for IT management software. Follow Erbes on Twitter.
* Archie Reed leads the security component of HP's cloud computing strategy, offering guidance across architecture, products, research and development, and cloud implementation in high-profile environments. Follow Reed on Twitter.
* Lee Kedrie is chief brand officer and evangelist for Technology Consulting at HP. He leads teams that augment organizational, cultural, governance and operational processes for enterprise clients so shared services and cloud computing become workable realities in organizations.
* As chief technologist for the enterprise storage business, Paul Perez is HP's predominant expert on how storage fits within a Converged Infrastructure, particularly within a cloud computing framework.
* Mark Shoemaker is a 20-year industry veteran with experience covering the scope of cloud service management, cloud automation, visibility and control, bringing virtualization into the data center, standards, and public cloud versus private cloud considerations.
The HP Cloud Advisors will be available at the VMworld conference, to be held Aug. 30 to Sept. 2, to answer client questions, provide tips on private cloud planning and discuss successful deployments. In addition, HP will present more than 20 educational sessions focused on private cloud, virtualized infrastructure and client virtualization at the HP booth 1008.