THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Nexsan, a leading provider of energy efficient, long- term storage, today announced the availability of the DATABeast, a high-capacity, high- density storage solution that addresses the growth of business-critical data at a price point targeted for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The DATABeast is a large capacity, full- service green storage system that stores up to 336TB in 42U and easily scales to accommodate up to 4 PB in a single, easy to manage system.
The DATABeast features Nexsan's AutoMAID (Automatic Massive Array of Idle Disks) technology, which reduces energy use without compromising application performance. It also includes the management tools necessary for thin provisioning, storage pooling, tiering and virtualization, along with mirroring, snapshots and replication.
In response to customer demands, the DATABeast fully integrates and consolidates SATA and SAS disk-based storage according to individual user preferences. The product is ideally suited for environments with large amounts of digital media, such as healthcare, scientific computing and financial services.
- Green storage: Multiple levels of energy efficiency, user-configurable to control energy use rather than an on/off approach. No compromise on application performance;
- All components are preinstalled, preconfigured and ready to go in 42U or 25U racks for fast and simple deployment;
- Easily expandable with preconfigured expansion racks;
- Easily integrates SATA and SAS disk drives for tiered storage;
- 4 GB Fibre Channel and NAS interfaces for simultaneous block and file access;
- Centralized management and monitoring enables local and remote secure management, configuration and consolidation of the entire system;
- All-in-one pricing model including AutoMAID and management tools at a price point appropriate for the SME market;
- Available immediately through Nexsan's global VAR channel.
"The DATABeast provides Tier 1 features and scalability at Tier 2 pricing," said Philip Black, President and CEO, Nexsan Corporation. "It meets the needs of enterprises with data that is quickly growing from terabytes to petabytes and needs to remain online. These customers are managing more and more individual arrays and find most storage management software too expensive. We're responding to their desires for more Nexsan green storage capacity within a simple, cost-correct context."