JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Neocleus, a pioneer in virtualization that is fundamentally changing how endpoints operate, today announced the first in a suite of trusted virtual solutions for endpoints such as desktops and laptops. The first solution, Neocleus Trusted Edge, provides the means for employees, partners and customers to connect to corporate resources from any endpoint regardless of its state of security. Neocleus Trusted Edge is also the first solution to come to market leveraging Neocleus hypervisor open source contributions which include enhancements the company made to the Xen Hypervisor to work directly on endpoints.
Neocleus Trusted Edge is ideal for dispersed organizations where employees, business partners and customers require tamper-proof access to company resources from inside or outside the corporate perimeter. By applying a breakthrough approach to virtualization that includes an innovative Type 1, bare metal hypervisor, Neocleus introduces a new security and IT management framework that establishes a completely separate virtual trusted environment outside of Windows. With Neocleus Trusted Edge, enterprises address the significant operational issues associated with managing and securely deploying applications, data and services.
Additional benefits of Neocleus Trusted Edge include:
- Provides a virtualization solution that maintains complete access to all the capabilities offered by the underlying endpoint hardware to ensure performance of the endpoint
- Easily configured without rebuilding the desktop, eliminating end-user downtime and support costs while creating a more agile IT infrastructure
- Supports RDP, Citrix ICA and Web interfaces, with the option to run other Windows-based applications upon customer demand
- Integrates authentication and configuration management tools to provide IT with a virtual endpoint environment that is easy to control while giving users the flexibility to gain access to critical corporate assets from anywhere and at any time
- Continuously attests and confirms the trustworthiness of the endpoint to enable IT to proactively implement and reliably enforce IT risk policies
For a financial organization with employees, partners and customers distributed throughout the world, it is critical that we be able to securely deliver applications and services to the endpoint regardless of where people work, said John Meakin, Group Head of Information Security, Standard Chartered Bank. Sometimes the endpoint is not under our direct control as with a customer's PC so we cant predict its state of security. We are evaluating Neocleus solutions because the companys virtualization approach offers a way to truly deliver a trusted, secure virtual environment to all our end users without hindering performance or limiting flexibility by having to take control and lock-down their PC. And, because the solution can be extended to any desktop or laptop, we can maintain complete control over how any endpoint is used to access our applications and services on the most dispersed network.