Network Computing is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
Borderware Releases Firewall To Protect Against VoIP Attacks
Bordeware has released what it calls the first firewall designed to protect VoIP from hackers, spoofers and malicious threats.
The company claims that SIPassure, its new application-level firewall, will protect against these dangers:
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks that can consume large amounts of bandwidth in a VoIP network.
- Eavesdropping and "man-in-the-middle" attacks that allow hackers to become part of a VoIP call without the communicating parties knowing someone is listening.
- Call Redirection, which enables a hacker to automatically call-forward a connection to their system.
- Malicious Calling, VBombing and VoIP Spam, which are attacks that flood the receiver with hundreds of false voice mails within seconds.
- Spoofing, Phishing or Fake Caller ID, in which a hacker can masquerade as a trusted person making legitimate voice calls to an unsuspecting patron.
The new product is being announced at DEMO@15!, an industry's event focusing on emerging technologies and new products.
"As the VoIP revolution unfolds, users need to be aware of the many exploits that could compromise their next Internet call," Chris Shipley, DEMO executive producer said in a statement. "BorderWare's VoIP security technology guards against many of the pitfalls associated with the adoption and deployment of this new communications technology. BorderWare's SIPassure has the potential to make VoIP a safe option for everyone."
Recommended For You
Making the jump from outdated legacy technology to a more modern digital infrastructure will allow businesses to innovate at the speed and scale needed in today’s marketplace.
The business world is speeding up. The longer IT leaders wait to get their needs met, the more at risk their businesses and their jobs will be.
By arming SD-WAN networks with end-to-end intelligence, analytics-driven predictions, and predictive automation solutions, IT teams can simplify infrastructure management and assure higher levels of quality experiences for users.