NEW YORK & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. AppFirst today announced the immediate availability of AppFirst Professional Edition, the first Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based application performance monitoring solution at the Under the Radar: Commercializing the Cloud event in Mountain View, Calif. With only one piece of software users are provided unique visibility into an entire application - regardless of language, application type or location (cloud, physical or virtual servers). AppFirst enables SaaS IT operations to proactively monitor applications, driving down the cost of operations, see changes before they become problems and improve customer satisfaction.
Using patent-pending technology AppFirst delivers a real-time view of applications as they execute. There are no limitations on language or application components such as databases, application servers or web servers. The application execution model - the view of the application as it is running on the physical infrastructure - has never been visualized before. Without that real-time view, IT operations is constantly in reactive mode. In SaaS organizations where the application is the business it is critical to be proactive and see changes before they become issues.
"For SaaS organizations, applications are the business, which means success hinges on being proactive and seeing changes before they become issues," said Eric Ericson, Manager of Operations for Baynote. "The problem with current monitoring solutions is they are resource focused. AppFirst gives me direct visibility into how the internal pieces of our application are interfacing with the physical hardware."
AppFirst Professional Edition includes:
- Dashboard - clear visibility into any changes in the executing application
- Alert Management - immediate notification when user defined thresholds are reached
- Data Flow - visualization of network connections and flow of information between application servers across servers that run applications
- Data Insight - detailed data of executing applications, compare time frames to understand changes in the executing application
- Capacity Planning - maximum efficiency at minimum cost, ensuring applications have all necessary resources
"Applications have always been difficult to manage and now are more complex with the movement to the cloud," said David Roth, CEO and co-founder, AppFirst. "AppFirst is the first application performance monitoring solution that opens up the application black box, enabling SaaS IT operations to finally manage applications and deliver on the promise of software that works."