- Networking is at a turning point, and engineers who want to stay relevant must look to the future.
By Ethan Banks , 2/03/2016
- Latest Comment: A very descriptive title but no real support or comment on how we should change our networks. The...
- Arista's use of Cisco's command-line interface is at the heart of the legal dispute between networking...
By Tom Hollingsworth , 2/02/2016
- Latest Comment: I am in row with you @Ashu001, even for me this is news. But I guess CLI is something for which...
- Interest in SDS is growing as companies look for alternatives to high-priced storage drives.
By Jim O'Reilly , 2/01/2016
- Latest Comment: Cost isn't everything, but it's a frequently stated reason for not picking up SSD and...
- From the IoT to regulatory issues, there's a lot of uncertainty ahead for wireless networking pros.
By Lee Badman , 1/28/2016
- Latest Comment: A recent news says, Google is testing solar-powered drones in New Mexico to explore ways to deliver...
- Organizations need to focus equally on developer workflow and optimal networking and security.
By Scott Lowe , 1/27/2016
- Latest Comment: Virsingh, As an IT Professional I take offense to your statement HERE- " i always thought why...
- Old-school businesses are upping their digital game, so IT organizations must join forces with operations.
By Lenny Liebmann , 1/27/2016
- Latest Comment: This sounds good offering, although Climate-Control-as-a-service is somewhat limited, but little...
- The second part of this blog series examines the IEEE standards and government regulations that impact...
By Jason Hintersteiner , 1/25/2016
- Latest Comment: “….I wonder if channel bonding in a 5GHz environment will create the same congestion issues or...
- Figuring out the actual cost of storage products such as hyperconvergence appliances can be tricky.
By Howard Marks , 1/20/2016
- Latest Comment: Everyone's efforts need to be protected -- the producers/manufacturers, retailers (long terms...
- The new 802.11ah wireless standard is compelling for IoT, but don't get too excited just yet.
By Lee Badman , 1/18/2016
- Latest Comment: Marcia, I had alluded to this issue in an earlier post as well. How do you pick the Winners and...
- Open source project building an open NFV platform for service providers pledges cooperation.
By Jim Metzler , 1/15/2016
- Latest Comment: @virsingh211, That's my sense too, that OPNFV is really focused on service providers although...
- Careful planning is critical before building a WiFi network. Follow these steps for WiFi success.
By Rowell Dionicio , 1/13/2016
- Latest Comment: @marcia, great point about the long term benefits of planning. Peak usage is an interesting area....
- Software-defined networking is associated with both management and orchestration, but doesn't really...
By Lori MacVittie , 1/13/2016
- Latest Comment: When you mention about upgrades, do you mean to say SMU for cisco. Another good thing is fabric can...
- Using larger channels improves WLAN capacity, but the laws of RF physics can pose challenges when putting...
By Jason Hintersteiner , 1/11/2016
- Latest Comment: I like your post too. I am a longtime IEEE member and have touched upon physics when talking about...
Posted by: exectechpro
"For the myth 5, do you want to say that SD-WAN is more expensive than MPLS ? Can you elaborate."In reply to: Thoughts
Posted by: email@example.com
Thanks, @exectechpro. for detailed analysis of the points. I really enjoyed your perspective and insightful comments.In reply to: Re: Myth 5: I will save money with SD-WAN vs MPLS
Posted by: exectechpro
I really enjoyed this article! and it was very insightful, I'll point out a couple of nuances that occured to me as I read it:In reply to: Myth 5: I will save money with SD-WAN vs MPLS
Posted by: SEPPLEY
A very descriptive title but no real support or comment on how we should change our networks.In reply to: Change, yes, but how?
Posted by: joreilly
Cost isn't everything, but it's a frequently stated reason for not picking up SSD and other new storage technology.In reply to: Re: Cost is just one of drivers