- Open source FD.io project aims to speed networking and storage in cloud environments.
By Marcia Savage , 2/11/2016
- Latest Comment: Dan Conde, ESG analyst, told me that by putting IO in user space, as opposed to the kernal, it...
- Research reveals how some drivers for enterprise SDN deployment have shifted while others remain constant.
By Jim Metzler , 2/11/2016
- Latest Comment: Excellent, very interesting to know the survey comparison. Yes, some sees SDN to reduce the cost by...
- 451 Research finds that companies plan to spend more on public cloud storage as they prioritize disaster...
By Marcia Savage , 2/05/2016
- Latest Comment: That's great news. Thanks for sharing this useful because we are in this field.
- Here's how to avoid cable chaos in Ethernet switch environments and reduce operational costs.
By Stuart Kendrick, Allen Institute Systems Engineer , 2/04/2016
- Latest Comment: Using top of rack and end of row design you already need way less cabling. Group racks into pods...
- Networking is at a turning point, and engineers who want to stay relevant must look to the future.
By Ethan Banks , 2/03/2016
- Latest Comment: A very descriptive title but no real support or comment on how we should change our networks. The...
- For self-starters interested in technology, there have never been so many options for free online education.
By Cynthia Harvey , 2/03/2016
- Latest Comment: Cybrary is great for IT security training! https://www.cybrary.it/
- The loss of US supervision could open the door to authoritarian governments censoring parts of the Internet.
By Pablo Valerio , 2/03/2016
- Latest Comment: That is a good idea. I live in Europe and we are quite concerned about losing control of the...
Posted by: sharkfish
Using top of rack and end of row design you already need way less cabling.In reply to: top of rack / end of row / pod design
Group racks into pods and you get a modular scalable design without making a mess of your cabling.
Posted by: Jay@Net
Excellent, very interesting to know the survey comparison.In reply to: White-label switches
Posted by: marciasavage
Dan Conde, ESG analyst, told me that by putting IO in user space, as opposed to the kernal, it's easier to make changes without asking developers to change their OS, or load new drivers or kernal modules.In reply to: FIDO.io
Posted by: Sydroy
Keeping in mind this article, I think it is very important as a first step, to understand the linux initialization process, as it is a good starting point for anyone interested in mastering the Linux OS.In reply to: The Linux Initialization Process.
Posted by: Andy Walls
Good points. We should all be learning from early adopters. But we also of course want to remind everyone that despite perceptions, privacy and security protection in the cloud can be very effective.In reply to: Re: Hybrid Users