Hot off the presses, here are some of today's announcements that caught our eye.
- NETGEAR today announced the launch of a dual-band 802.11a+g VPN firewall solution, the NETGEAR ProSafe Dual-Band Wireless VPN firewall (FWAG114). With the ability to simultaneously support 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g WLAN standards, the FWAG114 is a networking solution that combines the flexibility of Ethernet and wireless connectivity through a four-port switch with NAT routing and a dual-band, tri-mode 802.11a+g wireless access point.
- CyberGuard unveiled a new enterprise-class central management solution - Global Command Center(TM) - to the network security market. Utilizing Microsoft's latest point-and-click GUI (graphical user interface) technology and advanced object-based management concepts, the product will enable large enterprises to implement and manage security policies easily and consistently across complex, geographically dispersed networks of firewalls and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Websense today announced the general availability of Websense Explorer(TM). Unique to the employee Internet management market, the new Web-based, interactive reporting tool enables corporate managers to click through employee Internet use information in order to analyze trends and identify high risk Internet use, such as hacking, malicious code, spyware and Internet storage applications.
- Cisco today announced the Cisco(R) NPE-G100 Network Processing Engine, an intelligent, feature-rich processor, for the Cisco 7300 Series routers. The processor powers the Cisco 7304 with the widest array of Internet Protocol/Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) services necessary for customer network-edge applications for enterprises and service providers.
- TRUSTe and IronPort today announced a partnership to improve the Internet community's ability to identify trusted sources of email. The scourge of spam and the response of misfiring spam filters have resulted in consumers' failure to receive wanted email, legitimate senders' inability to deliver messages and spiraling Internet Service Provider (ISP) costs to filter spam without blocking legitimate email. TRUSTe and IronPort address these problems for all constituents with Bonded Sender(TM) -- certified by TRUSTe and SenderBase(TM), providing a proven solution for ISP's to identify legitimate sources of email.
We welcome your comments on this topic on our social media channels, or [contact us directly] with questions about the site.