Network Computing is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
Editor's List: What's Hot and Not in 2004?
Fritz Nelson, Group President and Publisher
- Hot: graphical keyboards on handhelds
- Not: graffiti
- Hot: vendor user conferences
- Not: big trade shows with dancing parrots
- Hot: friendster.com
- Not: blind dates
- Hot: IM sex
- Not: phone sex
- Hot: utility computing
- Not: distributed applications
Michael J. DeMaria, Associate Technology Editor
- Hot: Legal litigation. Monetary inflation is down, but lawyer inflation is up.
- Not: SCO Jokes. They'll be overplayed and worn out in 3 months max.
Sean Doherty, Technology Editor
- Hot: Videoconferencing over IP, but it doesn't come with extra bandwidth.
- Not: Digital Convergence. [Options] "Are we there yet?"; "Wake me up when it's over"; "Play it again, Sam."
Peter Morrissey, Contributing Technology Editor
- Hot: Open, SIP enabled phone systems and the rich applications that they enable.
- Not: Locking into VoIP technology masquerading as open, but more proprietary than the legacy phone systems that it replaces.
Recommended For You
Developing and managing a network budget is hard work for network professionals, who often get hit with new projects that they know nothing about. Is there a better way to manage network spending?
Making the jump from outdated legacy technology to a more modern digital infrastructure will allow businesses to innovate at the speed and scale needed in today’s marketplace.
The business world is speeding up. The longer IT leaders wait to get their needs met, the more at risk their businesses and their jobs will be.