Network Computing is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
Covelight Intros New CTF
CARY, N.C. -- Covelight Systems, the innovator of real-time application-independent, transparent online fraud management solutions, today announced a robust new Capture, Transform and Feed (CTF) architecture that provides web-channel data at wire speed to backend analytic engines for a variety of enterprise uses. Covelight is also announcing FraudProbe 2.0 as the first product based on this new architecture. FraudProbe is the industrys first and only online monitoring product family specifically designed to feed actionable real-time data to fraud management systems, without requiring any integration with the online application.
Covelights new Capture, Transform and Feed (CTF) architecture was developed in conjunction with one of the worlds largest financial institutions to ensure that CTF meets regulatory requirements and delivers the performance needed in extremely high-volume environments. (See associated Covelight Systems CTF User Deployment press release.)
Fully-Featured for Enterprise Deployments
Covelights revolutionary new real-time architecture, dubbed Capture-Transform-Feed (CTF), provides a full-feature set for enterprise deployments, including:
- Complete application independence. Deployed as a passive network sensor, the traffic capture, SSL decryption, transaction logging and session, and login identification are all performed without any integration into the online application or server(s), while maintaining complete transparency to online users. This non-intrusive approach also saves money by eliminating the need for application development to install and maintain the system, and does not degrade application performance. Typical deployments can take place in under one hour.
- True real-time delivery of data. CTF delivers the data the instant it is available. It captures raw application traffic in real-time, transforms it into meaningful events, and feeds these events directly into the fraud detection systems or back-end analytic engines all without intermediate data warehouses or batch-mode transformations.
- Massive data reduction. Data reduction is achieved by filtering out content that is not important to the detection and analytics system, and by formatting only the extracted information. This simplifies the job of the detection and analytics systems by reducing the amount of data that must be parsed and analyzed.
- Highly configurable data transformation options. The key to CTF is in completing the transformation from raw captured data to meaningful business-level events in a single step, in real-time, and for each event independently. This is done without intermediate batching, caching, or databases in order to meet the real-time requirements. Transformed data can be used to construct an event stream for delivery to a fraud management or CEP system.
- Native support for a variety of output adapters. The transformed event stream is packaged into one or more adapters that integrate directly into one or more fraud management or CEP systems simultaneously. Example formats include JMS message bus, StreamBase, SMB flat file stores, configurable TCP stream, and direct database insertion.
- True enterprise scale. Already proven in very large scale deployments, CTF can accommodate extremely high traffic loads individually (500 Mbps) and even greater loads when combined in clusters with the load-balancing cluster controller (multi-Gbps).
CTF Delivers a Real-Time Data for Numerous Enterprise Uses
CTF provides value to many enterprise applications and may be deployed in any number of solutions. Listed below are just a few.
- Online fraud management. CTF delivers real-time identity-based user data to enterprise fraud management systems which combines the online data with sources from other service delivery channels to provide a comprehensive view of the enterprises fraud posture or to a complex event processing system (CEP). This offers the most straightforward path to integrating the online channel into existing fraud management systems. The detection rules, analytics, and case management functions are performed by these and ancillary systems.
- Online business analytics. CTF feeds real user transaction and session information to complex event processing (CEP) solutions in real-time or to an existing business intelligence platform to improve online marketing results and the user experience.
- Non-intrusive deployment option for adaptive or risk-based authentication. CTF delivers an independent real-time feed of transactional, user, and session information to existing online fraud and authentication products, offering an alternative for customers who prefer a non-intrusive transparent approach or require rapid deployment of the solution.
- Independent application audit trail. CTF independently creates and stores on a remote server, a comprehensive audit trail of all application activity and business-level transactions all attributed to the userID and grouped by online session. This offers fraud and incident investigation teams a simple way to store highly configurable and detailed application logs for later use in an investigation, without making changes to the application or degrading the performance of application servers.
The Need for Real-Time Fraud Data Introducing FraudProbe 2.0
Existing enterprise fraud systems are constrained by the lack of real-time online data. Our customers are looking for a solution that does not require extensive integration with their applications," said Spencer Snedecor, Covelights CEO. "CTF solves a real-world problem and developed in conjunction with a very large financial institution customer. Our new FraudProbe 2.0 solution already has a successful deployment in what is arguably one of the worlds most demanding online environments, and is what has us and other financial institution customers extremely excited.