More progress! I've finally gotten back to the code crunching and managed to put together a servlet to simulate the manufacturing process. Basically it just increases the inventory of our widgets. WebSphere Studio is great at automating database queries, but I've found that for some things - like the simulations - it's overkill. I'm still using Studio to write the servlets, as it still provides the base configuration for deployment to our app server. Next up - simulation of orders.
We welcome your comments on this topic on our social media channels, or [contact us directly] with questions about the site.