Arkeia Network Backup version 7.0 delivers features to optimize data protection for complex and distributed enterprises such as those with remote or branch offices. Integral to version 7.0 is a new federated data protection architecture, full integration with EdgeFort appliances, a redesigned graphical user interface, enhanced Virtual Tape Library, and extended platform support.
Key new features include:
- Federated Data Protection architecture with centralized management of multiple instances of Arkeia Network Backup software, facilitating global backup and recovery policies and comprehensive control of remote office data
- Seamless integration with Arkeia EdgeFort appliances, enabling the ideal deployment of hardware, software and/or appliances from the data center to the remote branch
- Completely redesigned Web 2.0-based user interface with online help and wizards, making it easy to install, configure, and manage
- Enhanced Virtual Tape Library (VTL) to provide the highest level of granularity on how files, directories, and tapes are managed
- Extended platform support including, Novell OES 2, Mandriva 2008, Windows Server 2008, and Mac OS X Leopard on Intel