SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Blue Coat Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:BCSI), a leader in WAN Application Delivery and Secure Web Gateway, today announced its Technology Integration Partners Program (Blue Coat TIP2). The program leverages relationships with technology companies to facilitate interoperability between Blue Coat products and other best-of-breed solutions, giving customers expanded choice for comprehensive Secure Web Gateway and WAN optimization deployments.
The Blue Coat Technology Integration Partners Program includes nine solution categories and initially 30 vendors:
- Enterprise Application Software including Oracle, Microsoft and SAP
- Data Loss Prevention including Vontu, Reconnex, WebSense Data Security Suite and Vericept
- Corporate Video Management including Qumu, RealNetworks, Windows Media, Accordent Technologies and Jubilant Technologies
- Data Storage EMC and NetApp
- Authentication RSA, the security division of EMC
- Single Sign-On CA eTrust SiteMinder
- Anti-Malware/Anti-Virus Kaspersky Lab, McAfee, Panda Security, Sophos and Symantec
- Content Filtering Websense, Secure Computing Corporation, SurfControl (division of Websense), IBM Internet Security Systems (ISS), ALSI, Opt-net and DAJ
- Reporting and Log Management ArcSight, LogLogic and Network Intelligence
Through the Blue Coat TIP2, Blue Coat and other leading vendors look for points of interaction between solutions to share or leverage data, share policy or complete serial scanning of inbound or outbound traffic. In other cases, partner interaction involves integrating technologies directly into the Blue Coat® ProxySG® appliance. When a specific protocol for integration already exists, Blue Coat will engage in solution testing and certification. Those partners with certification participate in the Certified Technology Integration Partner Program which involves an annual membership fee and achievement of certain technology, sales and marketing requirements. These vendors have special opportunities for training and joint promotional activities. They may also be eligible for discounts on Blue Coat demonstration or evaluation equipment.
The Technology Integration Partners Program works to provide market awareness of tested and proven joint solutions, including joint testing as well as coordinated sales and marketing activities. In some cases, Blue Coat also participates in the partner program of other vendors to leverage additional sales, marketing, and distribution opportunities for both companies.
The emphasis of the Blue Coat Technology Integration Partners Program is to provide customers with real solutions that offer extended value, said Bethany Mayer, senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Blue Coat Systems. Blue Coat has a demonstrated history of providing the leading solutions integrated with ProxySG it is important for us to give customers a choice of best-of-breed solutions that extend our family of products and best fulfill their requirements.