WAN & App Acceleration Channel
News and Analysis
Testing environments aim to help customers try out new technologies and adapt to the IT as a service trend.
More News and Analysis
- Akamai, Cisco Integration Focuses On Hybrid Cloud Performance
- Twitter Spike Highlights Need To Plan For Traffic Surges
- Aryaka Cloud Network Targets Distributed Enterprises
- Cisco and NetApp Update FlexPod For Big Data
Technicians at Bristol Virginia Utilities no longer have to hit the road to diagnose network problems, saving time and money.
- WAN Optimization Improves Videoconferencing At Shipping Firm
- University Taps Dark Fiber for Online Academics, Healthcare
- United Oil Cuts the Wires
- Carrier Ethernet A Home Run With The Philadelphia Phillies
Reviews & Workshops
Bandwidth is one of the key factors that can impact network performance. Learn how WAN optimization uses deduplication to address this issue and how to evaluate different deduplication approaches.
More Reviews & Workshops
- WAN Optimization Part 2: Put Performance Second
- Coyote Point Brings Next-Gen Networking to Life with Innovative Appliances
- Rapid Backup And Retrieval With Riverbed's Whitewater
- BMC Treads Carefully Among The Giants
October 29, 2013 12:04 PM
Posted by Lee H. Badman
Startup expands its cloud networking platform with Network Service Virtualization, which provides enterprise-level services such as WAN optimization.
See all blogs by Lee H. Badman
September 25, 2013 01:25 PM
Posted by Kurt Marko
Did the iOS 7 update crash your network? Instead of whining about it, use it as a call to action.
See all blogs by Kurt Marko
September 09, 2013 10:57 AM
Posted by Greg Ferro
A new report shows the WAN acceleration/optimization market is shrinking. WAN optimization won't go away, but don't look for growth either.
See all blogs by Greg Ferro
August 08, 2013 11:56 AM
Posted by Tom Hollingsworth
Cisco says its LISP protocol is an ideal transition tool for IPv6, but tunnel broker services require less configuration and can be easily removed once native IPv6 support is in place.
See all blogs by Tom Hollingsworth
August 01, 2013 03:03 PM
Posted by Ethan Banks
The EIGRP routing protocol just got more interesting with the addition of Cisco's Over the Top feature. Here's how it works plus its pros and cons.
See all blogs by Ethan Banks
May 14, 2013 02:54 PM
Posted by Brent Salisbury
Google shared details on its production use of OpenFlow in its SDN network at this spring's Open Networking Summit.
See all blogs by Brent Salisbury