Based in Columbus, Georgia, Synovus is a financial services company with more than $30 billion in assets under management. Its multiple divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.
Synovus is dedicated to delivering best-in-class service to its online and mobile banking customers. As part of that commitment, the firm ensures that when users sign in to access their accounts, network performance never impacts their ability to conduct transactions -- particularly during peak business hours. To accomplish that mission, Synovus consolidated its entire banking system on Forum Systems. Now with Forum Sentry WAF centralizing XML and HTML policies and performing the requisite identity management, Synovus has reduced sign-in time by more than 20 times what it was previously -- to just over 1 second -- significantly enhancing its users' experiences.
Key Forum Sentry WAF Benefits:
- Seamless, Detailed Authentication and Authorization - Complex SAML-based token types can be consumed and produced rapidly and securely with leading identity management offerings for enhanced Federated Identity decisions.
- Security, Control and Visibility -
- RegEx and other common filter policies, like those to protect against SQL injections, are authored, shared and maintained across the entire infrastructure to close vulnerability gaps and eliminate the need for policy duplication across separate products.
- PKI management, SSL termination and initiation of HTML and XML traffic are centrally managed and maintained.
- Centralized Management and Monitoring - A repository for all message types fuels better capacity planning decisions.
- "Single Pane of Glass" View - Consolidation of logs and traffic in one UI serves as the foundation for more efficient and effective root-cause analysis, auditing and compliance reporting.
- Reduction in "Box Fatigue" - IT has less equipment to maintain and manage within the infrastructure.
Forum Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Crosscheck Networks, Inc., is a leader in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and XML security. Through comprehensive Threat mitigation and Trust enablement, Forum's family of hardware, software and cloud-based instances provides enterprises and government organizations with the foundation for achieving secure SOA federation. Processing more than one billion transactions per day worldwide, the FIPS- and DoD-certified Forum products offer the industry's most comprehensive protection against XML- and SOAP-based vulnerabilities. Forum Sentry has been issued an industry-first patent (7,516,333) for XML security functions such as XML Encryption, XML Decryption and XML Signatures using a network appliance. For more information, please visit www.forumsys.com.