MIAMI, Jan 20, 2010 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- ITEXPO EAST 2010 -- 8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq:EGHT), provider of innovative business communications solutions, today announced the introduction of "8x8 Virtual Office Pro," a powerful unified communications service that allows subscribers to manage essential, advanced business communications functions online through a centralized portal.
Integrated with the 8x8 Virtual Office VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) hosted PBX phone service, Virtual Office Pro enhances business productivity by providing users with a complete, instantly accessible suite of communication tools used in everyday business interactions - all at a cost even the smallest one or two person company can afford. 8x8 Virtual Office Pro delivers these tools through an easy-to-use online dashboard which provides:
- A visual overview and online control of 8x8 Virtual Office business calling activity including point-and-click access to inbound and
- outbound calls and call management features such as call transfer, do not disturb (DND) and call forwarding
- Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Corporate Directory integration - enables one-click access to contacts and co-workers for online chat, voice calls or drag and drop into online meetings
- Virtual Meeting - allows you to create, join and invite participants to web, audio and video meetings. Participants can easily be invited by dragging and dropping from a contact list and meetings can be recorded for review at a later time
- iPhone Virtual Office Mobile extension -- place and receive (VoIP) calls and access common Virtual Office services and functions from an iPhone or iPod Touch mobile handset
- Fax - enables users to send and receive unlimited faxes using either a separate phone number for fax or the same number as your 8x8 extension Call recording - enables any inbound or outbound call to be recorded and later reviewed, downloaded or deleted
- Presence management - tells other co-workers whether you are logged in, logged off, on the phone, off the phone or currently unavailable My Inbox overview - gives a comprehensive view of all voicemails, recordings, FAX messages, calls, and chat history
"8x8 Virtual Office Pro takes the functionality of an already powerful hosted PBX phone service to a new level with high fidelity HD voice, remote accessibility via any web browser or smart phone and integration with vital collaboration tools," said 8x8 Chief Marketing Officer Debbie Jo Severin. "Our business customers' administration and daily use of their desktop IP phone is now as simple as sending an e-mail or using a social network to communicate. This is further enhanced by the efficiency and productivity advantages associated with having supplemental communications capabilities from a single solutions provider right at your fingertips."
8x8 Virtual Office Pro is available to existing 8x8 Virtual Office Unlimited, Metered or Global Extension subscribers as an optional service for an additional $20 per extension per month. Unified Communications upgrades to existing 8x8 Virtual Office accounts will be performed over the next several weeks. For a limited time, new 8x8 Virtual Office subscribers can receive the entire bundle (Unlimited Extension plus Virtual Office Pro) for a promotional price starting at $49.99 per month. Additional information on 8x8 Virtual Office Pro can be found at http://business.8x8.com/virtual_office_pro/index.html.
About 8x8, Inc.
8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq:EGHT) offers integrated voice, video and mobile unified communications solutions for small to medium-sized business and distributed enterprise customers. These solutions leverage existing broadband Internet connections and cellular networks to deliver advanced features and high definition (HD) voice service at a fraction of the cost of legacy alternatives. Businesses of any size, configuration or geographic location can benefit from the cost, performance and operational advantages of 8x8 hosted communications solutions, all of which carry little or no upfront investment, no maintenance or upgrade fees and no change in user behavior. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com.
This news release was distributed by GlobeNewswire, www.globenewswire.com