Product: HP offers a complete portfolio of OpenFlow hardware and software, the heart of which is the HP Virtual Application Networks SDN controller. Available as either a software virtual appliance or 2U, quad-core hardware box, it supports OpenFlow versions 1.0 and 1.3 and includes published northbound APIs to enable third-party SDN applications. Four applications are already available: HP Sentinel Security, Virtual Cloud Network portal, Microsoft Lync UC&C and the IMC VAN SDN Manager. HP also has more than 40 OpenFlow-compliant switches, ranging from entry-level products to its just-announced modular 12900 data center core switch, which sports a 36 Tbps switching backplane and up to 16 slots for a maximum of 768 10GbE or 64 100GbE ports.
Download HP's feature matrix
The 2920 line starts at $1,999, The 3800 line starts at $4,969, the 5900 line starts at $14,990, and the 5920 line starts at $19,490. All switches come with a lifetime warranty.
- Read the FAQ for this SDN Hardware and Software Comparison
- Download our Complete Comparison: SDN Hardware and Software
- Get your product included in this Comparison: SDN Hardware and Software
- This SDN Hardware and Software Comparison is updated on a regular basis; Get notified when that happens.
- Download our Annually Issued Comparison: SDN Hardware and Software