December 17, 2013
Software-defined networking and network virtualization grabbed the industry by the throat in 2013, dominating almost every conversation about the future of networking. The year also was marked by major M&A deals, the arrival of 802.11ac products, and the ongoing Huawei saga. Here, we take you back through some of the memorable moments in networking in 2013.
December 16, 2013
Updates aim to provide more granular data to monitoring tools as enterprises adopt SDN and cloud.
December 13, 2013
Avoiding costly data center outages isn't easy, but experts offer advice for reducing unplanned downtime.
December 12, 2013
White-box servers gained traction in the cloud and service provider markets in the third quarter, according to Dell'Oro's first report on the server industry.
December 11, 2013
As organizations phase out Cisco's discontinued ACE application delivery controller, vendors fill the gap with hardware, virtual, and cloud-based replacements.
December 09, 2013
Entertainment provider boosts European-style Internet exchange model by inking deal with AMX-IX New York.
December 06, 2013
Distributed-denial-of-service attacks are a growing cause of costly data center outages, according to a new study.
- Huawei Backs Out Of US Switch Market
- WLAN Market Grew 10 Percent In Q3, Report Says
- 10 Nerdy Gifts For Networking Pros
- Ubuntu Lab Tests OpenStack Interoperability
- Equinix Launches Testing And Validation Centers
- IBM Invention Uses SDN For Business Continuity
- Cloud Security Alliance Launches Secure Network Effort
- Microsoft, Facebook Make Green Data Center Push