Network Computing will be conducting a comparative review of Wireless LAN Monitoring Systems for our March 4, 2004, issue. Testing will take place in our Syracuse Real World labs.
This review will focus on the monitoring capabilities of WLAN infrastructure products. It will not provide a comprehensive comparison of all the services provided by infrastructure products. We also will be conducting a review of products focused exclusively on distributed wireless monitoring. While general comparisons will be made about the two different product classes, each review will be handled separately.
We will determine which vendors' products to test based on the following criteria:
- Rogue device detection capabilities
- RF interference detection capabilities
- Intrusion detection capabilities
- User and group traffic monitoring capabilities
- Size of vendor's enterprise installed base