What did we consider appropriate for this review?
We considered products oriented toward delivery of enterprise-class voice telephony services using handheld devices over standards-based Wi-Fi 802.11 wireless LANs. We also considered both hardware and software phone systems, but any soft phones would have to run on a true handheld computing device. Soft phones running on Windows-based notebook computers weren't considered for our review.
Products were judged based on the following criteria:
- Basic telephony services
- System performance and scalability
- Advanced voice and data features
- Integration with voice network infrastructure
- Integration with data network infrastructure
- System operation and management
- Interoperability and adherence to standards
- Cost of ownership