HPC and government organizations are increasingly demanding the data integrity and performance previously found only in the most expensive storage solutions. Specific requirements from RAID Inc. customers include:
- the highest levels of data integrity, including read validation on SATA drives
- scalable capacity and performance across multiple servers
- high performance, particularly for sequential throughput
- high availability and self-healing capabilities
- dynamic provisioning with fine granularity and immediate useability and
- lower overall power consumption
"NEC's D-Series storage products meet all of these customer demands," said Greg Morris, CEO of RAID Inc. "As more of our clients-particularly those requiring support for scalable SATA drive solutions-ask for these features, NEC D-Series fills a gap in our product line. Also with D-Series, we can start customers at the specific capacity level required for their immediate needs and expand one hard disk drive at a time to over 1.5 petabytes - seamlessly and non-disruptively. We believe that for our customers, NEC D-Series provides the best data integrity with the best performance at the best price."