SAN DIEGO -- Arkeia Software previewed the latest release of Arkeia Network Backup, software with seamless data protection for large enterprises with distributed data at the 2007 Storage Expo in Paris, France.
Arkeia Network Backup version 7.0 delivers features to optimize data protection for complex and distributed enterprises such as those with remote or branch offices. Integral to version 7.0 is a new federated data protection architecture, full integration with EdgeFort appliances, a redesigned graphical user interface, enhanced Virtual Tape Library, and extended platform support.
Key new features include:
- Federated Data Protection architecture with centralized management of multiple instances of Arkeia Network Backup software, facilitating global backup and recovery policies and comprehensive control of remote office data
- Seamless integration with Arkeia EdgeFort appliances, enabling the ideal deployment of hardware, software and/or appliances from the data center to the remote branch
- Completely redesigned Web 2.0-based user interface with online help and wizards, making it easy to install, configure, and manage
- Enhanced Virtual Tape Library (VTL) to provide the highest level of granularity on how files, directories, and tapes are managed
- Extended platform support including, Novell OES 2, Mandriva 2008, Windows Server 2008, and Mac OS X Leopard on Intel