More data networking management analytics
- Strategy: How Cybercriminals Choose Their Targets and Tactics
- Strategy: The Next Phase of Meaningful Use
- Strategy: How to Pick Endpoint Protection
- Best Practices: 6 Security Services Every Small Business Must Have
- Research: 4G: Carriers, IT Pros Square Off
- Strategy: How to Get Your MSSP In Line With Expectations
- Research: SDN: Deployment Plans and Tech Ecosystem
- Best Practices: 5 Security Tools Every Small Business Must Have
- Strategy: Application Monitoring For Security Professionals
- Best Practices: A Guide to Practical Database Monitoring
- IT Pro Impact: iPad vs. Nexus vs. Surface Tablet Shootout
- Strategy: 5 Keys to Painless Encryption
- Best Practices: 6 Steps to Developing a Risk-Based Security Strategy
- Research: Outlook 2013
- Strategy: Rebooting DLP
- Research: Mobile Security's Missing Link
- Strategy: Finding Vulnerabilities by Attacking Your Own Environment
- Fundamentals: Semantic Database Technology
- Research: The Next Wave In APM
- Review & Analysis: 3 MDM Suites
- IT Pro Impact: Is Your WLAN Ready For 802.11ac?
- Research: 2013 Analytics & Info Management Trends
- Strategy: Expanding Role of Cloud in BC/DR
- Strategy: Writing and Enforcing an Effective Employee Security Policy
- SaaS Collaboration & Project Management Buyer's Guide
Best of the Web
VXLAN is an Experimental IETF draft of protocols to enable the creation of a large overlay, multi-tenant network.
: OpenFlow is poised to reach over-hyped status, yet there are practical, useful reasons for keeping an eye on Openflow. The biggest cloud players are involved and driving the feature creation.
Get a primer on the Openflow protocol and what it can do for networking.